The firm was founded in 1945 by Edward A. Kelly, father of our principal partner, Charles Kelly and operated under his name for many years. Following his death in 1972, the firm continued under the guiding hand of his son, Charles Kelly, the current principal partner, initially in Dominick Street and then at premises in Mary Street, Mullingar.
Patrick Caulfield and Matthew Shaw joined the firm in 1981 and 1991, becoming partners in 1988 and 1998 respectively.
Due to continuing expansion and development, the firm moved to the new purpose built premises from which it currently operates at Friars Mill Road, Mullingar. Since the move, Fiona Hunt has joined the team.
From its starting point of one solicitor and one secretary, the firm now has a staff of seven supporting the above solicitors in providing a first class service to its clients. The firm has sought to be progressive and attuned to new thinking while, at the same time, maintaining the personal touch and concern for its clients that has been its hallmark since its foundation.