Westmeath's Legal Expertise

(044) 934 8412 info@kcs.ie


The firm was founded in 1945 by Edward A. Kelly, father of Charles Kelly and operated under his name for many years. Following his death in 1972, the firm continued under the guiding hand of his son, Charles Kelly, initially in Dominick Street and then at premises in Mary Street, Mullingar. Charles Kelly was joined in the practice by his wife, Veronica Ann Kelly, in 1978.

Paddy Caulfield and Matthew Shaw joined the firm in 1981 and 1991, becoming partners in 1988 and 1998 respectively.

Due to continuing expansion and development, the firm moved to the new purpose-built premises in 2000 from which it currently operates at Friars Mill Road, Mullingar. Aisling Penrose joined the team as an apprentice in 2012 and qualified in 2014. Anne Lordan re-joined the firm in January 2020 having worked in the firm from 2000 to 2004. Louise O’Donovan joined the firm in 2024.

Charles Kelly and Veronica Kelly retired from the firm in 2015 and the firm is now run by Paddy Caulfield and Matthew Shaw.

From its starting point of one solicitor and one secretary, the firm now has a staff of five supporting the above 5 solicitors in providing a first-class service to its clients. The firm has sought to be progressive and attuned to new thinking while, at the same time, maintaining the personal touch and concern for its clients that has been its hallmark since its foundation.